Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Village Survey is going on in adopted villages by NSS Students of Govt. College for Women(A), Guntur from 21-2-2019
JKC Summer Batch Registrations are opened. All the Second year students should register their names at JKC Lab.
A Two-Day State level UGC sponsored Workshop on Student centered methods is going to be held on 22,23 of Feb 2019 for Newly recruited and Contract/Guest Faculty. For Registration Click here. Last date for Registration is 20-02-2019.
A Three-Day State level UGC sponsored Workshop on Preparation for Accreditation and Assessment from 25-27th of February 2019. For Registration Click here. Last date for Registration is 20-02-2019.
NAAC SSR submitted online on 6-1-19.
Student Satisfaction Survey completed
The idea of involving students in national service dates back to Mahatma Gandhi who emphasised social responsibility to student community. According to win involving students in Social services will help in building nation at grass root level i.e villages. After independence the University grand Commission leaded by Dr. Radha Krishnan recommended introduction of national service in academic institutions on voluntary basis with a view to develop healthy contacts between the students and teachers on one hand and establishing a constructive linkage between the campus and community on the other hand. On September 24th 1969 Govt of India launched the NSS Programme in 37 Universities covering all the states of the Country.
1) Understand the community in which they work
2) Understand themselves in relation to their community.
3) Identify the needs and problems of the Community and involve them in problem solving process
4) Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
5) Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and Community problems.
6) Develop competence required for group-living and sharing responsibilities
7) Gain skills in mobilising community participation
8) aquire leadership qualities and democrative attitude.
9) Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and.
10) Practice national integration and social harmony. The Motto: The Motto of National service scheme is “NOT ME BUT YOU”
To fulfil the above vision various programmes were designed which have to done along with academic activities. They are
Adoption of Villages/ or slums: Each NSS Unit has to adopt a village closer to its Campus and take up the task of its development. Preliminary survey’s should be conducted in the village to identify the problems and with the Coordination of local leaders, government employees and villages programmes and projects should be designed which must be executed effectively
Coordination with voluntary organisations/NGO’s To help the neighbourhood society collaboration with voluntary organisations or NGO’s can be taken up. Through this collaboration activities can be conducted to
1. Propagate health education and literacy.
2. Work for the development of environment
3. Organise developmental activities like training of both volunteers and public
4. Assisting in the rehabilitation work of the disabled and destitute
5. Work for the eradication of diseases Like AIDS, Polio, tuberculosis etc.
6. Volunteer government and National programmes like national summits, state summits, national festivals etc.
7. Extend helping hand during national calamities and disasters.
8. Conduct national and important days to spread awareness about them
9. Work for the eradication of social evils existing in the society like child marriage, dowry deaths, drug abuse etc.
10. Work towards development of national integration and social harmony.
11. Collect funds to help armed forces.
12. Work for sustainability of national resources like water, fuel etc..
Conducting regular Programmes throughout Academic year is a Unique Feature of theses Units. Tree Plantation, keeping the Campus Clean and Green, Assisting the Traffic Police in regulating Peak hour traffic and visits to service organizations such as Home for the aged, School for the Blind and Deaf, Nirmal Hrudaya and Govt. Hospital etc., are some of the regular programmes effectively taken up by the college Unit.
The Association got good rapport with the local service Organization like Lions, Rotary, Andhra Ratna Seva Samithi etc., Whenever they get a call from town, the Volunteers help them in conducting Medical Camps, Slum Clearance programmes, AIDS awareness etc.,.
Conducting free medical camps in rural and urban, slum areas is one of the programs. In co-ordination with Govt. General Hospital, Guntur and Service Health Organization and with active support of kindhearted local doctors, our units are conducting many free medical camps.
Conducting free medical camps in rural and urban, slum areas is one of the programs. In co-ordination with Govt. General Hospital, Guntur and Service Health Organization and with active support of kindhearted local doctors, our units are conducting many free medical camps .